Ready for AMD Ryzen™, 7th Gen A-Series and AMD Athlon™ desktop processors
AMD Socket AM4 represents the company’s future-proof platform enabling: the fastest DDR4 memory, PCIe® 4.0 for NVMe and graphics, plus the first native SuperSpeed USB 10Gbps support on a chipset. With processor-direct SATA and USB connectivity, configurable for real-world flexibility, the AM4 platform takes advantage of the leading-edge features of today and tomorrow.
Setting the Bar for High Performance
AMD’s high-performance x86 Core “Zen 2” architecture enables 3rd Gen Ryzen™ Processors like the AMD Ryzen™ 9 3900X to deliver the highest single-thread and multi-thread performance of any mainstream desktop processor. For gamers and creators alike, that’s mission-critical performance built to help you win.
Compute Efficiency by Design
The “Zen 2” core is a significant update to the historic “Zen” architecture.
- Up to 15% more instructions-per-cycle2
- 2X L3 cache capacity (up to 32MB)
- 2X floating point throughput (256-bit)
- 2X OpCache capacity (4K)
- 2X Infinity Fabric bandwidth (512-bit)
- New TAGE branch predictor
Performance and Efficiency for Next-Gen Applications
Cloud computing, enterprise productivity, immersive visual experiences, gaming and streaming all demand increasing computing performance with optimal energy efficiency. From the very beginning, AMD engineers designed the new “Zen 2” core to meet those demands with more core throughput, larger caches, and powerful multi-threading capabilities.
“Zen 2” Microarchitecture Details
“Zen 2” cores are designed to efficiently use available microarchitectural resources for optimal compute performance. Compared to our previous architecture, 2X floating point capabilities and up to 15% higher instructions per cycle enable new performance thresholds.
Optimized for Liquid Cooling
Pair the Ryzen™ 9 3950X processor with a liquid cooling system for unparalleled performance.
The Ryzen™ 9 3950X does not come bundled with a cooler. AMD recommends an all-in-one liquid cooler with a 280mm radiator (or greater).
- 16 CPU Cores
- 32 Threads
- Base Clock 3.5GHz
- Max Boost Clock up to 4.7GHz
- Default TDP of 105W
- # of CPU Cores: 16
- # of Threads: 32
- Base Clock: 3.5GHz
- Max Boost Clock: Up to 4.7GHz
- Total L1 Cache: 1MB
- Total L2 Cache: 8MB
- Total L3 Cache: 64MB
- Unlocked: Yes
- CMOS: TSMC 7nm FinFET
- Package: AM4
- PCI Express® Version: PCIe 4.0 x16
- Thermal Solution (PIB): Cooler Not Included, Liquid Cooling Recommended
- Default TDP / TDP: 105W
- System Memory
- System Memory Specification: 3200MHz
- System Memory Type: DDR4
- Memory Channels: 2
- Product Family: AMD Ryzen™ Processors
- Product Line: AMD Ryzen™ 9 Desktop Processors
- Platform: Boxed Processor
- OPN Tray: 100-000000051
- OPN PIB: 100-100000051WOF
WHAT’S IN THE BOX:
- AMD RYZEN 9 3950X 16-Core 3.5GHZ AM4 CPU x1